4 Adventure Runs for the Aspiring FKT'er - Page 3
4. Smokies Challenge Adventure Run (SCAR)
Great Smoky Mountain National Park, Tennessee and North Carolina
About 72 miles and 18,600 feet of elevation gain.
- Men’s unsupported FKT: David Worth, 14 hours 50 minutes 22 seconds, May 19, 2011.
- Women’s unsupported FKT: Unknown.
- Men’s supported FKT: Will Harlan, 15 hours 45 minutes 7 seconds, May 19, 2011.
- Women’s supported FKT: Unknown
- (source: fastestknowntime.proboards.com/thread/128).
The SCAR is the 72-mile section of the 2,180-mile Appalachian Trail through Great Smoky Mountains National Park, and clings to its 6,000-foot crest.
Meghan M. Hicks, based in Moab, Utah, holds the FKT between her front door and refrigerator for an after-run beer.