A delicious, healthy twist on rice pudding
Photo courtesy of Vega
This recipe originally appeared on Vega’s Recipe Center and was republished with permission from Vega.
Rice pudding is a thing of the past! Swapping quinoa for rice in this delicious recipe gives added protein and texture that rice just can’t provide. A perfect recovery snack after a long run, this quinoa pudding also makes a delicious and healthy breakfast.
Makes 4 Servings
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 14-ounce cans coconut milk
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 serving protein powder (optional)
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ cup large coconut flakes, toasted
- 20 grams dark chocolate, shredded
1. Combine quinoa, coconut milk and maple syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat and bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer for 20 to 30 minutes, stirring often, until quinoa has cooked through and milk has started to thicken.
2. Cool quinoa. Stir in cocoa powder and protein powder, if desired.
3. Serve quinoa with coconut flakes and maca chocolate.
For more plant-based recipes like this, as well as meal plans and training guides for your next race, visit the Vega Sport website.