The Trail Runner Blog Symposium
March Topic: What would you nominate for the best "old-school" trail race and why?
We’re on the lookout for the best and brightest ideas from the worldwide trail-running community, and we want to hear your voice.
Here’s how the Symposium works:
Current Topic: What would you nominate for the best "old-school" trail race and why?
Deadline: March 21, 2014
Want to sign up for once-a-month notifications of new Symposium topics when we post them? Drop us a line at
Why a Blog Symposium?
- To provoke thought and spark dialogue in the greater trail-running community about topics we’re all passionate about
- To build a community of runners who love to write
- To diversify the voices and opinions on trailrunnermag.com
- Because we all love to geek out on each other’s tales from the trails
What if I don’t have a blog?
- Create one! Most platforms like WordPress, Blogger and Tumblr offer free, easy-to-learn options. Alternately, you could offer to write a post on a friend’s blog.
What are the rules?
- Length is flexible, but we prefer a post from 500-800 words.
- To be considered, your blog post must include either (1) this badge: (right-click on image to save it for use on your blog), or (2) a link to trailrunnermag.com in your text
- Do not email us content or attachments directly; please only email a link to your blog entry
- Don’t be afraid to be opinionated!
What topics have been discussed in the past?
February 2014: Are tech gadgets more help or hindrance on the trails?
January 2014: Should there be drug testing at trail races?
November 2013: Do trail races do unnecessary harm to the environment?
October 2013: Should kids be allowed to run ultras?