Trail Runner/MAMMUT Ultimate Trail Race Giveaway
May 29, 2014
(May 29th is the anniversary of the first summit of Everest by Edmund Hillary and Tenzing Norgay in 1953.)
Enter the contest and tell us why the race is held on May 29. (Hint: you’ll find the answer on this page.)
Please note: This contest has already passed. We're pleased to announce our winner here.
MAMMUT Gear Package
T-Peak Headlamp - $50
Kento M’s/Kieko W’s Hardshell Jacket - $199
MTR141 GTX Trail Running Shoes - $139.95
Lithium 32 Pack - $149.95
Inclusions to trip package:
- 20 Days/19 Nights in Nepal
- 4 nights hotels in Kathmandu on sharing basis with breakfast
- Half-day guided sightseeing tour around Kathmandu
- 15 nights of full service tented camping (incl. 2 nights at Everest Base Camp)
- All three main meals while on trek
- 11 days of MODERATE trekking (incl. 4 acclimatization & rest days)
- Entry into the Tenzing-Hillary Everest Marathon with full race support & T-shirt
- Domestic Fixed Wing Round-trip flights Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- Optional hike up Kala Pattar at 18,200 feet
- Airport transfers in Kathmandu and group transportation involved with the itinerary
- Economy-class roundtrip ticket from US to Kathmandu ($1,900.00 price limit)
- Everest National Park trekking permits and entrance fees
- Group celebration dinner on June 2nd
- Everest Marathon duffle bag
Exclusions to trip package:
- Nepal visa fee ($40) good for a 30-day visit and available upon arrival
- Lunches (3) and dinners (3) while in Kathmandu
- Travel insurance policy to include coverage for medical and evacuation expenses
- Costs above the $1900.00 limit for the international flight to Nepal
- All expenses of a personal nature such as: tips for Nepali Trekking staff, bottled water, other drinks and snacks while in Kathmandu and on trek, internet, telephone, laundry, souvenir shopping, etc…
- Cost of single hotel rooms in Kathmandu and a single tent while on trek. A single supplement is available for $395.00.
- Any expenses associated with arriving into Nepal before May 16th or staying on after June 4th and any travel expenses while en route to Nepal.
- Expenses related to flying in / out of Lukla by helicopter and only in the case of bad weather (Approx. $500 per person each way)
The winner will be announced Dec. 16, 2013. Reservations MUST be made through One World Trekking and the Great Himalayan Marathons by Jan. 21, 2014. The winner will be required to sign a liability waiver. Entry deadline: Dec. 15, 2013.
Since 1988, One World Trekking has been organizing and guiding adventures throughout the great Himalayan ranges and beyond. Along with our Nepal-based partner Himalaya Expeditions, Trail Runner Magazine and outdoor gear and clothing manufacturer Mammut, we are very excited to give one lucky trail runner the chance to win airfare and participation in the 2014 Tenzing-Hillary Everest Marathon. As the premiere event in our ‘Great Himalaya Marathon’ series, the Everest Marathon is the highest in the world, taking place annually on May 29 to celebrate the first successful ascent of Mount Everest.
One World Trekking, www.OneWorldTrekking.com
Great Himalaya Marathons: www.GreatHimalayaMarathons.com