Information for Race Directors
Registration for the 2018 Trophy Series – DEADLINE Feb. 28, 2018
A limited number of trail races can participate in the Trail Runner Trophy Series, so the sooner you act, the better chance your event has of being accepted. Please note that registering your race for the Trail Runner race calendar (which you can do any time in the year) is not the same as registering for the Trophy Series. All Trophy Series races must be between March 1, 2018, and September 30, 2018.
Review the 2018 agreement and submit your race information by Feb. 28, 2018, to be listed in the March issue. Make sure to include YOUR NAME in the form. Your Trophy Series participation will not be recognized unless you submit the form and include your email address. Forms can also be printed out and faxed to (970) 963-4965.
To be included in the 2018 Trophy Series, your race must be listed in the Trail Runner on-line directory. Click here to submit race information: 2018 Race Directory signup.
YOU MUST SIGN UP THROUGH THIS AGREEMENT TO BE PART OF THE 2018 SERIES EVEN IF YOU HAVE ALREADY INDICATED AN INTEREST.
Race directors of Trophy Series races can sign up for a special package deal in 2018 that includes their race series fee and a race finder advertisement that can be included in any 2018 Trail Runner issue. The package price is only $425 – a $75 savings. If you are interested in taking advantage of this great opportunity to expose your race to thousands of runners, click “yes” on the question which mentions the “race director’s package”, and we will set you up with this premium bonus exposure. Contact us for even bigger savings on two race directory advertisements with your Trophy Series sign up.
- Special discount magazine subscription rate to put on your website for Trophy Series sign-ups.
- FREE listings of your race in our popular online race directory (www.trailrunnermag.com).
- Active links for all Trophy Series races listed in our monthly e-blast to runners.
- Digital Trail Runner Trophy Series logo for use in your promotional materials and website. We will supply a link to the Trophy Series pages so that your runners know the benefits of being part of the series.
- FREE race listing in Trail Runner magazine until your race date has passed (up to 5 issues).
- Discounted display and classified advertising rates.
- FREE Copies of Trail Runner for racer goody bags.
- Two FREE Trail Runner subscriptions as race prizes.
- A significantly discounted magazine subscription coupon for your racers.
Trail Runner provides these services for a one-time administrative fee of $100. The value of this package is $350. If a race director fails to provide results in the agreed upon format, the race will be charged an additional $250 for the support provided by Trail Runner.
- Your race must take place off-road and/or on trails. No paved-road, multi-sport or snowshoes races, please. No stage races or adventure races.
- Your race must have at least 50 participants.
- You must submit all results (for all Trophy Series Races longer than one mile) with names and complete addresses for all finishers along with their email, age, gender, place and time. As stated above, if a race director fails to submit the full results in the agreed upon format, the race will be charged an additional $250.