Trail Runner Photo Camp Instructors and Testimonials
Take your trail-running photography to the next level
Want to spend a few days in the field photographing some of the sport’s top trail runners? Trail Runner’s three-day course (July 5-8, 2016) in Marble, Colorado, will give you the opportunity to learn from trail-running’s top photographers, shoot as a professional and have the opportunity to publish your photos in Trail Runner.
- Learn tricks for lighting, composition and anticipating movement
- Photograph top athletes on the trails surrounding gorgeous Marble, Colorado.
- Enjoy catered dinners, photo processing and critique sessions in the evenings
- Camp out with other photographers and trail-running enthusiasts
- Go home with professional-level photos
WHAT STUDENTS SAY
“The photo camp provided me with ample opportunities to work with pro athletes in the field (it’s not always easy to pin these guys down for a shoot.) The networking opportunities were fantastic. I made some great friends as well. Several of my images taken at the camp have gone to print with companies in the outdoor industry. Since then, I have gone full-time as a professional active lifestyle and mountain-sport photographer and I haven’t looked back.”
– Dan Holz, Photo Camp Participant (at our sister publication Rock & Ice’s 2011 Camp)
"Wow, what a week! I had a great time working with each of you, honing my skills and learning some new ones. I liked how everyone was willing and able to answer questions that I had. The schedule was very flexible, which was nice, allowing us to work around when the lighting was good."
– Gregg Gelmis, 2013 Trail Runner Photo Camp Participant
“Attending the photo camp introduced me to some great people plugged into the action sports photography world. This gave me all kinds of insight into various aspects of the biz that can be hard to understand. I was also very much inspired by everyone’s enthusiasm for photography. Leaving the camp, I was able to maintain connections that have opened up many opportunities.”
– Zach Mahone, Photo Camp Participant (at Rock & Ice’s 2012 Camp)
MEET OUR LEAD INSTRUCTOR
Fredrik Marmsater is an outdoor adventure photographer specializing in shooting in remote locations, and capturing athletes pushing their limits. From expedition skiing to long trail runs, getting into beautiful and seldom-seen locations and bringing back fresh images is the trademark of his photography.
Fredrik's work can be found in the pages and ads of editorial and commercial clients from around the world.