WANT REAL PUBLISHING EXPERIENCE?
Trail Runner is looking for fall and winter interns. Now is your chance to roll up your sleeves and get dirty in print and online!
We offer three-month editorial internships throughout the year. Interns are unpaid, but typically receive college credit, earn valuable experience and add to their resumes. Dates and hours are flexible but plan to work 20-25 hours a week. Internships are in the beautiful mountain town of Carbondale, Colorado.
Trail Runner accepts internship applications on a rolling basis.
Duties: Internship duties vary depending on experience, expertise and willingness to learn, but typically include:
- Writing articles for the print magazine and website
- Researching stories and fact-checking
- Brainstorming ideas for articles and marketing
- Photo soliciting
- Copy editing and proofreading
- Gear and shoe testing
- Working with our website’s content management system and social media channels
We ask each intern to arrive with at least three article ideas and have read the past year’s worth of Trail Runner.
Interns must be motivated and self-sufficient, and expect to work on their own. Interns need to seek out ideas, subjects and projects and follow through. Good candidates should demonstrate a willingness to learn, and possess writing/editing and trail-running experience and detailed knowledge of the magazine and website.
- Gain real-world experience in editorial planning, writing and editing
- Work in an office of fun, outdoorsy folks who want to make you part of the team
- Help us test out and review new gear, apparel and shoes
- Experience the world-class trail running and mountain lifestyle on Colorado’s Western Slope
- Build a network in the magazine and outdoor industries.
If interested, please send resumé, cover letter and writing clips (college pubs are OK) to Michael Benge at email@example.com and Zoë Rom at firstname.lastname@example.org.